You've made it this far
Let’s get you started on our easy application process
Step 1 - Read the following information
We understand and appreciate the considerable effort it takes to afford the best education, and that’s what we offer at Hurst Culinary School. At the same time, we are able to promise you employment upon graduation- we are the only culinary school that makes this promise.
To apply for our chef course, you need to be:
– Young (between 18 and 32 years old)
– Have a love for cooking and baking
– Have a Matric certificate of equivalent
– Read, write and speak English
– Have a winning personality, be team orientated and love work people
– Want to be successful!
What’s included in the course?
We promise to change your life and inspire greatness in you. Our value is delivered in the quality of your campus experience. High-standard theoretical classes are complemented with hands-on practical training. Your wine course, first-aid qualification, all registrations and examination fees are part of our unique package.
We will supply you with a working uniform for the different practical in-house areas.
You will receive an imported knife kit- the tools of your trade. You will also receive all necessary text books and workbook manuals and a student card. As a registered learner, you will also have access to all of our resources.
What’s not included in the course?
- Flat, black enclosed formal safety shoes for all practical sessions (no crocs permitted).
- Affordable meals and drinks in the cafeteria and coffee bar, printing/photocopies and stationery, project work and assignments.
- Accommodation, laundry, transport costs to and from the school/internship, any supplementary exam fees, extra lessons, repeating any part of the curriculum, replacement of lost or broken items, including items of value supplied by us such as your knife kit and student visas and any medical aid/bills and personal insurances.
Step 2 - Application form
Please fill in the form below to receive all of the documents and steps needed to become a Hurst Chef. You will need to fill in the application form, as well as submit certain documentation, as detailed on our Checklist. Once you apply below, please keep an eye on your email inbox (as well as Junk/Spam folders) for all of the information.
If you encounter any problems, or have any questions, please call us on 066 483 2530
Do you have more questions?
Email us directly about your application! Send it to email@example.com. Or, best of all, come and drop it off in person! We would love to meet you and get to know you in advance of you joining the Hurst family!